I Pledge Allegiance to the Banks of the United States of America
And to the Corporations for Which They Stand
One Nation Where Money is God
Made Divisible, No Liberty or Justice at All...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thank You: A Message to My Twitter Followers


Dear Followers,

As of this week, I have over 14,000 of you. When I came to twitter to vent my political frustrations and promote causes I'm passionate about, I never dreamed I would get 1,000 followers, let alone 14,000. It is overwhelmingly refreshing to know that so many of you feel the same and that I am far from being alone. Even though it is impossible for me to thank and talk to each one of you individually, I am humbled and honored to have each and every one of you as followers. I may not be able to respond to you as much as I would like, but I know you are there and I hear you. I don't just do this for me anymore, I do this for us. Every one of you keep me going and inspire me to keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing. As long as your listening, I'll keep talking.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

I don't mean to sound like a sappy cornball. I know it is just another social media site and I'm just some guy on the internet, but on the other side of the screen are real people with real voices. The internet can be a powerful thing, we are proving this. The internet allows us to connect from anywhere in this world to share our ideas and act upon them. We have more transparency and communication than ever before. We would be fools not to use this tool to make our voices heard and organize for action. From what I see, we are doing just that.

What I like about twitter the most is that, despite the occasional censoring, people make the conversation and report the news and not the corporate media. On twitter, people set the dialog and narrative, not political spin machines and cable news hosts. Some are famous, some not. Some are rich, some are poor. But on Twitter, we are all opinions presented in 140 characters or less.

As long as I'm on Twitter, I will use it to push facts over fear, love over hate, and humanity over corporatism. I have made mistakes and will make mistakes. I can be very brash and sometimes go overboard. This is a result of being human. I have offended many of you, but please know that this is not my goal. We may not always see completely eye to eye, but I am who I am and I believe what I believe and while I will apologize for comments made that even I admit were off the deep end, I will not apologize for who I am or what I believe in. Hopefully you wouldn't either.

With that being said, I want to hear more from you.

You all have been kind enough to follow, retweet, and recommend me to your friends. So I feel the least I can do is ask for your input and opinion. Basically, How am I doing? I want to hear from you.

Tell me if there is something you would like me to tweet about more or less? Do I tweet too much? Too little?

Is there an issue effecting your life personally or a local issue you would like me to spread awareness for?

I want your opinion. And don't be shy, let me have it if need be. You won't offend me. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I can't promise that I'll meet every demand or be able to fulfill every request, but I will do my best.

No offense, but I am not looking to promote your business, music, product, or your account, but if you have a local or national issue, cause, or event you would like me to promote, I would be glad to help spread awareness if I can.

So let me know what's important to you and what you would like to see from me as we take over the world one tweet at a time.

I'm just some opinionated guy from the midwest who has a lot of great followers on twitter. I'm not a leader and I hold no power whatsoever. But thanks to all of you, I do feel that I have a voice and I want all my followers to feel the same. If no one else listens or cares, I will. I will hear you.

So once again thank you all! I can't say it enough. But you've heard enough from me, now I want to know what you have to say.

You can do this by leaving a message right here in the comment section of this post or in my messages on Twitter. Try to refrain from responding to this via a mention. It gets hard to keep track of them at times and I could lose it or not see it.

And if you have something to say, please say it. This is no time to be quiet.

Actually, I hope we're just getting started.

Be safe, live long, and keep fighting the good fight!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this post, you given the correct information.
    there will be a lot other articles on this but this one is the best one
    to understand. ohh ! about me.? i sell twitter followers and more.
    To buy high quality twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this post, you given the correct information.
    there will be a lot other articles on this but this one is the best one
    to understand. ohh ! about me.? i sell twitter followers and more.
    To buy high quality twitter followers

    ReplyDelete